Use the Acronym; JJ DID TIE BUCKLE as a memory tool to learn the 14 Leadership Traits.
- Judgment – Using facts to make sound decisions.
- Justice – Being impartial.
- Decisiveness – Ability to reach decisions.
- Initiative – Seeing what has to be done, and getting it done without being told.
- Dependability – Completing your tasks thoroughly, accurately, and on time.
- Tact – Ability to deal with others without causing offense.
- Integrity – Complete truth and honesty.
- Endurance – Mental and physical strength.
- Bearing – Creating a favorable impression (Appearance).
- Unselfishness – Not providing for your own comfort at the expense of others.
- Courage – Mental quality that recognizes fear of danger or criticism and overcomes it.
- Knowledge – Learning information.
- Loyalty – Faithfulness to what is important to you.
- Enthusiasm – Sincere interest in performing your task.
Use the Acronym; KKK BITES Dumb Math Students as a memory tool to learn the 11 Leadership Principles
- Know yourself and seek self-improvement.
- Know your team members and look out for their welfare.
- Keep the people you are leading informed.
- Be technically proficient.
- Insure that the task is understood, supervised, and accomplished.
- Train your cadets as a team.
- Employ your team in accordance with its capabilities.
- Set the example.
- Develop a sense of responsibility among team members.
- Make sound and timely decisions.
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions.
Responsibilities of the Cadet Leader
- Know your job.
- Carry out assignments promptly.
- Use initiative and resourcefulness.
- Always set the example for others to follow.
- Keep your MCJROTC Instructors informed at all times.
- Know cadet regulations and follow them.
- Lead and teach drill and other classroom activities.
- Maintain high standards of conduct for yourself.
- Be enthusiastic, tactful, and always maintain your integrity.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Be a good teacher and mentor to other cadets.
- Deal fairly and impartially with your fellow cadets.
- Be unselfish.
Objectives of Leadership
- Mission Accomplishment.
- Welfare of the team.